Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Well I'll give you a try! We have a dimplex Cadogan optimyst

Customer Question

Well I'll give you a try! We have a dimplex Cadogan optimyst flame effect log burner which has always been troublesome to start. I cleaned it out according to the manual in the Spring and have repeated the whole process doing everything that the manual tells me to do but it will not ignite. Plenty of flashes and bleeps when using the main switch or the remote but no ignition. Any ideas please?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi , could be the pilot is blocked or dirty , or there may be an adjustment screw to increase the pilot flame strength

JACUSTOMER-mhw3tr56- :

But it is an electric fire - no gas pilot light.

Plumberpro :

Oops , sorry, I do the gas fires, but what do you mean ignite?

JACUSTOMER-mhw3tr56- :

The dimplex optimist system is electric powered and when you press the main switch or remote, it generates a sort of spark which should ignite a series of small but quite bright lamps. These in turn warm up a reservoir of filtered water so that steam is generated which looks like smoke burning through the imitation coals and logs. The problem is that the spark isn't firing up the lamps permanently - only a flash then nothing!

Plumberpro :

Ok . I don't know anything about these so won't waste your time , I will opt out and let another expert who does , come in

JACUSTOMER-mhw3tr56- :

Is anyone still there please?

Plumberpro :

Hi , you may have to wait till the right person comes on . most experts have day jobs..I take it you went through the trouble shooting page?

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I work for Glen Dimplex but on the appliance side, if you can wait until Monday I will get the manual from my college and talk you through it then. If you are in a hurry, I will opt out now ~ please advise