Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

my one year old (plus one week) de longhi DES 12 EX 1dehumidifier

Customer Question

my one year old (plus one week) de longhi DES 12 EX 1dehumidifier has developed a fault where the machine appears to be working, but when it cuts out due to attaining the selected level of dehumidification the green indicator light goes off but the motor continues to run. I have run the machine on permanent running (dry) but the same result occurs. Over the last two days, although appearing to run satisfactorily, it has not produced a single drop of water. Please advise or inform me of local de longhi repairer in havant/waterlooville/Portsmouth area Thank you Peter crews P.S. I have tried the troubleshooting page in the handbook.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Try this link which gives you a list of engineers that are part of the Whitegoods Trade Association that carries out repairs to a code of practice to give you piece of mind. If you are still having trouble come back to me Bearing in mind that the appliance is just outside of its guarantee period I would in the first instance go back to DeLonghi and ask them if they will repair it free of charge as a good will gesture. Kindly now rate my service, this then allows you to come back to me and continue our conversations (if needed charge free) ~ Ian