Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

i bought a new zanussi washing machine this morning and have

i bought a new zanussi washing machine this morning and have started first wash in it. At 29 mins before the end of the synthetics cycle it started bouncing uncontrollably across the floor - i was amazed.
The feet are down and the machine is balanced. Ive put a spirit measure on it & it is balanced - and there is no wobble on it when you lean on it (like a wobbly table where you put a beer mat under one of the legs)
Any ideas ?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Did you remove the transit bolts from the back and also the polystyrene packaging from underneath?

Customer: must admit no i didnt remove the transit bolts from the back. It was a display model so there was no polyester packaging underneath (it was a dislay model as after i bought it, they realised it was the only one left in stock)
Customer: when you say transit bolts, do you mean the two bolts with plastic connections holding the water exit tube in place ? (as in they hold it in place before you buy it)
Dales-Electronic :

Just sending you up a copy of the instructions, not the items in the first couple of pages ~ you need to check that they have removed all the packaging from the appliance, there are bolts that pass through the back of the case and into the actual drum assembly inside and also a polystyrene block that sits under the motor to stop it getting bashed. If you open the door the drum inside should move freely back and forward, up and down if it does not then some part of the transit packaging be it bolts or packaging have not been removed ~~ http://www.electrolux-ui.com//DocumentDownLoad.aspx?DocURL=2013\192\981622EN.pdf

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
I have moved you across to a question & answer format to save you having to pay for extra time, forget the para above about our chat being over its just a computer generated message ~ Ian

How are you getting on have you found anything?