Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

my samsung fridge freezer is making a loud buzzing/rattling.

Customer Question

my samsung fridge freezer is making a loud buzzing/rattling. cleaned filters. No good.???
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the model number and does the buzzing stop when you open the fridge door?

JACUSTOMER-qexbn8cq- :

yes noise stops when door opened. model number i don,t know. it,s an american type fridge/freezer.

Dales-Electronic :

OK you will have to look I think in the fridge on the left hand side inside ~ the number should start perhaps RS21 or RSA1 or similar ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-qexbn8cq- :

model number RSH1DBRS

Dales-Electronic :

OK I can tell you what the problem is and how to fix it ~ are you comfortable using a screwdriver and steamer/hair dryer?

JACUSTOMER-qexbn8cq- :

yes

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have to pop out and pick my daughter up but will be back in about an hour, will you be available then, this thing if we do it will take about an hour so if you are going out can I suggest we do it tomorrow? ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-qexbn8cq- :

tomorrow is good. what time?

Dales-Electronic :

Give me a time and I will make sure I am here for you ~ do you have a wallpaper stripper/steamer by the way, it would be very useful if you could get hold of one for this operation ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-qexbn8cq- :

1100 am is good . will try to find wallpaper stripper.

Dales-Electronic :

OK just one final thing, when you go to bed tonight switch the appliance off, you will not lose any produce but you will slightly loosen the ice that we will need to remove tomorrow and have a marker pen handy too ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-qexbn8cq- :

ok thanks.

Dales-Electronic :

Heading out now, will see you tomorrow at 11am ~ just ping on here and I will be waiting ~ Many thanks ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
OK Im ready to go as soon as you get here ~ Ian
Im here when you are ready to go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

taken of front and back panels. water facility now working. no steamer only hairdryer

OK when you say front and back panels just explain what you have taken off, we need to remove all the shelves in the fridge section and all the work is from inside the fridge compartment.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all shelves out. just checking fan at the back of the fridge was ok and not loose

OK firstly flick off the light cover having removed the retaining screw it just clips into the light housing with your marker pen put a dot at the top so when you put it back in you have it the correct way up

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done. sorry comp upstairs and fridge downstairs. takes time

No worries ~ remove screws in back of the lamp housing and carefully withdraw from its slot, this is important you have cables behind this light housing, mark them up with the marker as you remove the housing, you don't have much cable length so be careful, if you cant mark up then remove them one by one and mark them as you do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so what next

OK this is where you can do the most damage and why I asked you to get hold of a steamer. This bottom cover (known as the evaporator cover) has two vent holes at the top, these are likely filled with ice and we must very carefully remove this cover. Firstly screwed on to this cover is a clear plastic matrix with two pipes going to it, remove the screws and carefully fold it back so that it is resting on the bottom of the cavity out of the way.

How are you getting on?