George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Regarding Hotpoint experience HE9L493 9KG load washing machine:

Regarding Hotpoint experience HE9L493 9KG load washing machine: [new]
what ever wash is set, when you use conditioner in the powder/liquid dispenser drawer it is never used, after a complete wash the conditioner is still in the drawer, could you tell me what the problem is please
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me which drawers you are using for the powder/liquid, and which Powder/liquid brand you are using?

George-Allsorts :

How old is the appliance?

Customer:

Hi George

George-Allsorts :

Customer:

the machine in question is 2 months old, we use comfort conditioner liquid, placed in the drawer compartment, and powder tablets, placed in the drum, when you pull the top drawer out, the conditioner compartment is on the left side inside, turquoise colour, if you fill to correct level before wash, it will be exactly the same after the wash cycle has finished, it never works, is this hotpoint model a heap of junk George,

Customer:

I would appreciate your help please george

George-Allsorts :

I will try to assist you with this... We will have to do this in stages...

George-Allsorts :

At the end of the wash, is the liquid at least diluted?

Customer:

no George

George-Allsorts :

Then on such a new appliance this is indicative of a failure of the fill valve..

George-Allsorts :

I can talk you through a way to test this.. however, I advise against it as if any part of the machine is taken apart you will loose your warranty

George-Allsorts :

My advice would be to call upon your warranty for repair or replacement of the machine

George-Allsorts :

however, can I ask you to take a moment to rate my assistance/responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Once rated, I will assist you further with the fault... The higher the rating the better for me.
This will initially close our chat but we can still re-open and continue our conversation

Customer:

ok, it was fitted in by the supplier and checked and said to be in working order, Many thanks for your help George, have a good evening, thanks