George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Beko freezer TZDA627. Temp display shows as correct -14 but

Beko freezer TZDA627. Temp display shows as correct -14 but food is thawing. Switching on fast freeze causes displayed temp to fall but actual internal temp does not change. Is this a repairable fault or is appliance past it? Purchased Jan 2011.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Can you listen closely to the freezer and tell me if you hear a sound like running water

JACUSTOMER-0veq4faz- :

Sorry about delay, freezer in garage. No, no sound at all.

George-Allsorts :

Is the compressor running constantly?

JACUSTOMER-0veq4faz- :

Cannot hear compressor at all

George-Allsorts :

OK.. How long has this been happening?

JACUSTOMER-0veq4faz- :

About 2 days

George-Allsorts :

One moment whilst I look at the deatils for the freezer

George-Allsorts :

Is there any ice in the freezer?

JACUSTOMER-0veq4faz- :

Lots

JACUSTOMER-0veq4faz- :

Ice is soft, as if door had been open

George-Allsorts :

Can you check the door seal to see if there is any gaps around it... to do this, take a piece of card and close the door on it, then run it around the seal to see if there are any areas where there is no resistance

JACUSTOMER-0veq4faz- :

Hold on please

George-Allsorts :

OK

JACUSTOMER-0veq4faz- :

Seal seems good, no gaps

George-Allsorts :

OK... In that case I would say that the system is probably low on refrigerant ... Have you anywhere to sto the food that is in it for a few days?

JACUSTOMER-0veq4faz- :

Not really, sounds like I need to replace appliance

George-Allsorts :

Well, if you can sto the food, you can defrost the freezer and then regas it

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to take a moment to rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally... The more smiley faces the better the rating for me.
This will close our chat but you can still come back to me to continue our conversation

JACUSTOMER-0veq4faz- :

OK, That seems about it, many thanks

George-Allsorts :

... one moment pleaseRegassing is not too expensive these days... I will post a link for you to find an engineer to ascertain the local cost for you