George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Beko American style fridge freezer (model AS920) is not

Customer Question

My Beko American style fridge freezer (model AS920) is not getting down to the correct temperature on the freezer side - the red exclamation symbol on the electronic indicator does not disappear. I pushed the button for the fast freeze option to see if it would then eventually disappear after the fast freeze function did its thing!! but even that does not work. In the manual it says that the fast freeze function will automatically return to normal operation once the fast freeze process is complete but it seems to stay on permanently. I can still hear the motor running so was wondering if the problem is with the condenser. I tried to see if I could get this spare part, but am struggling to find this on the Internet (no luck with eSpares).
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

One moment please whilst I look at the diagrams of build for your appliance

George-Allsorts :

Hello, I'm back

George-Allsorts :

Can you have a look at the back wall of the freezer for any ice

JACUSTOMER-cl87m4i6- : I have checked the back wall inside the freezer and there is no ice.
George-Allsorts :

if you look towards the bottom were the vent is on the back panel in the freezer behind the drawers is there any ice there?

JACUSTOMER-cl87m4i6- : Hi again,,
JACUSTOMER-cl87m4i6- : I have checked the bottom vent behind the third drawer down and there is no ice, but amazingly this time I feel the freezer is now a lot cooler as I have had the fast freeze option on now for about 4 hours - there definately seems to be a difference. What I did this morning was to turn off the freezer then switch it on again so this might have reset somehow. So I am hoping this is a good sign!
George-Allsorts :

Is the fan running

JACUSTOMER-cl87m4i6- : Yes it is running - we did have to replace the fan on this appliance about 2 years ago so I dont think this has failed (hopefully!)
George-Allsorts :

OK... Can you access the compressor on the appliance?

JACUSTOMER-cl87m4i6- : I have had a look at the back of fridge freezer which has one large metal plate but with a grill at the bottom - so I assume that the compressor is behind this - don't think I will be able to get access as my husband is away at the moment and don't fancy trying to get into the back of the freezer. I think the freezer seems to be working now as the ice tray is now starting to freeze. I think I will give this 24 hours to see if it has resolved itself - if that is OK.
George-Allsorts :

Of course... What I was going to suggest is that you check the temperature of the compressor....

Once a decent temperature in the freezer is reached you should turn off the Fast-Freeze to ascertain if the system can maintain the constant temperature... If not, there is likely to be a system fault that we'll need to pinpoint...

In the meantime, can I ask you to take a moment to rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Once rated, I will assist you further with the fault... The higher the rating the better for me.
This will initially close our chat but we can still re-open and continue our conversation

JACUSTOMER-cl87m4i6- : Ah Ok thanks for that George.
George-Allsorts :

You are welcome... Thanks for the Good rating.. I hope that we can get that up to an excellent by the time we are finished.
Chat to you soon