canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

my hitachi tv digital tv recorder shuts down at midnight every

Customer Question

my hitachi tv digital tv recorder shuts down at midnight every night, how can I stop this from happening.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. The automatic power down option is set to default at midnight. You can change this in the menu.

Customer:

If you select "menu" and go to "configuration" menu there is the selection there for auto power down to turn it on or off.

JACUSTOMER-rvvum951- :

I have gone into menu configuration and turned the automatic power down to off and the low power to no is this all I need to do.

Customer:

Yes. That would be all.

Customer:

It will now only turn off when you turn it off.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did as you said and turned the power down switch to off, but the machine still turned of last night at midnight.

There are also timer settings that must be the issue then. Sorry it wasn't the other settIng. If you enter the timer settings and turn the timer off that should be it then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did what you said but the machine still shuts down at midnight I read the instructions in the manual I know that it is just the basic machine . thank you.

There is not a timer setting that is set to turn off at midnight?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It switches itself off then clicks back on again after a couple of minutes to standby mode, I wonder if there is a fault with the box as we have only had it since september.

Are you able to find in the menu to activate a software update? It very much could be that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done all you have said it will not down load any new software it says new software was encrypted in june 2012 and that is all maybe it is the box thank you for all your help.

Unless it needs an internet connection to do a software update. Is there a connection on the back for internet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no thank you for your time I will get in touch with the seller, you have been most helpful.

You are very welcome. Sorry it is not working properly. If there is anything else I can offer certainly let me know. Mike