George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Brandt AAClass dishwasher which has been working fine so far. It stopped working this morning. After some internet research I was able to manually reset the dishwasher.

When I started again, I noticed that it successfully drained the water (took about 5-6 seconds) and then stopped.

I cleaned the fliters etc, did a reset again and tried once more. Again, the dishwasher was on for 5-10 secs (seems it was draining water) and then immediately stopped.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Can you let me know the full model number of the appliance please

George-Allsorts :

Also, does the DW start to fill at all?

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

Hi, where do I see the full model number? No, the DW does not start to fill. It seems to drain though

George-Allsorts :

The model number should be on a label surrounding the door or the door orifice...

When you say it does drain though.. do you mean it drains and then stops or do you mean that it drains and continues to drain?

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

it drains and then stops..let me see if I can find the label for the model number

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

the model is VJ400JU1

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

sorry, VF400JU1

George-Allsorts :

This could be one of a number of things and will need some testing to find the culprit... Do you own a multi meter to test some of the components?

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

No, i dont have one, am afriad

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

one of the forums on the internet talk about the possibility that flood protection could have been activated. Apparently water in the tray under the machine operates a floatswitch mechanism and over-rides the programming? Is that something I could check? Thanks

George-Allsorts :

Can you

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

Can I what?

George-Allsorts :

I have had a good look at the diagrams for your appliance... There is one thing I can do before I give you a link to an engineer

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

OK, thanks

George-Allsorts :

Sorry the site is playing games tonight

George-Allsorts :

What I need you to do is, to turn the supply to the semi-automatic water inlet pipe at the base of the dishwasher and disconnect it... then place the end into a bowl and turn on the water supply again... This will let you know if water is getting to the electrical inlet valve

George-Allsorts :

Are you ok to do this?

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

you mean, switch off the supply, disconnect the pipe, direct the hose into a bowl, turn on the supply?

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

where do I find this hose? do i need to unscrew anything at the bottom of the dishwasher?

George-Allsorts :

yes :)

George-Allsorts :

The supply hose (inlet hose) goes in at the bottom rear of the DW

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

ok, thanks

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

if the water supply is ok, then i need to call an engineer then?

George-Allsorts :

Tell me if you either DO or DON'T get water at the end

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

ok, will be back soon

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

hi, it seems the water supply is ok. Since you have the instructions for my machine, could you confirm what is the right LED light sequence to confirm whether the reset is successful? Thanks

George-Allsorts :

I don't have instructions, I have diagrams... but give me a few minutes and I'll see what I can get

George-Allsorts :

I have been told that we may have the user manual but that I would need to wait until morning to find out as access to the server is currently closed

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

oh ok

George-Allsorts :

Since you have water through the inlet.. everything else requires electrical testing... therefore, I suggest you use this link to find an appliance technician local to you -- Find An Engineer --

George-Allsorts :

In the meantime, can I ask you to take a moment to rate my assistance/responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Once rated, I will assist you further with the fault... The higher the rating the better for me.
This will initially close our chat but we can still re-open and continue our conversation

George-Allsorts :

I will still try to get the user manual for this machine for you tomorrow

JACUSTOMER-1sc8ytd7- :

thanks

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Thank you for that.. I will chat to you tomorrow... have a good evening