Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Zanussi Dryer TDE4224W. Select program, press start and drum

Customer Question

Zanussi Dryer TDE4224W. Select program, press start and drum starts rotating then pauses (as normal) but doesn't start up again.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-emp8z1aj- :

ok

Dales-Electronic :

Just looking up the model details

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the product code please also called the PNC which should be in the door frame area, there are a number of different versions ~ can you just confirm that it turns in one direction and then stops rather than it turns then stops and if you leave it a short while it turns again?

JACUSTOMER-emp8z1aj- :

Product Number ********* 00 Type P541244 SN21000293 It starts running for 10 secs then stops. Usually it starts up again but now nothing happens. I doesn't start again.

JACUSTOMER-emp8z1aj- :

Dales-Electronic :

Could you do me a favour and put a

Dales-Electronic :

put a # ***** the pnc the computer thinks its a telephone number and blocks it thanks

JACUSTOMER-emp8z1aj- :

#916782003/00

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me look up the diagram ~ be back in a moment

JACUSTOMER-emp8z1aj- :

I'm back now

Dales-Electronic :

OK sorry for the delay the computer was indicating that I was awaiting a response from you. This appliance is controlled fully by an electric module that has relay etc built on it to switch the high power components such as the motor heaters sensors that feed information to it. Bearing this in mind I would suggest that one of the relays is not switching over to reverse the motor or alternatively the motor or one of its start capacitors is faulty. The module is about £50 new but I may be able to get you a refurbishment company who will check it out and repair if necessary ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-emp8z1aj- :

OK thanks. The motor is starting up and it runs for the first 10 seconds or so. There's an audible click when it should be re-starting but nothing happens. I'm wondering whether its worth checking out or just buying another one. It is straight forward to remove the electric module so it can be tested?

Dales-Electronic :

If I was doing I would take the board out obviously marking the connectors and then under good light have a look at the relays, these usually are rectangular either light blue or grey sometimes with a clear cover. Turn the board over and see if you can see whether any of the connector legs have come loose. If so then resolder them back in place. If you cants see anything then I would go for a board change. If you can hang on I'll just check out the refurbishment guys ~ give me a minute.

Dales-Electronic :

OK I've been speaking to the refurbishment guys and they are saying that with this board often it is the actual control chip that fails which controls the relays. So in this case I would suggest that you have a look for lose connections and if you cants find any then change the board. Just make sure that you check out the door switch and motor (which would appear to be working OK but check its capacitors aren't faulty) first ~ If you are now happy with the information received, would you kindly rate my service to you by clicking on the smiley faces below. You can then come back to me at any time for further information free of charge but we can shut down the job on the system. Many thanks and have a great day ~ Ian

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. How do you find the control panel? I've pulled the machine out but there are no obvious panels to remove. By the way, the extraction area at the back of the machine was full of nuts..looked like a squirrel had been living in it ! Also one more development, the machine appears to be behaving as though it was at the end of its drying cycle - the drum rotates every 5 minutes or so - so perhaps the sensor that detects moisture is not working ??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Original technician is off line
Remove the top the control board is behind the facia ~ make sure you rmark the connections before you remove it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I have removed the control board - can I get this tested ?

You cant, you can only replace it or send it away to be repaired
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't mind whether it is repaired or I get a refurbished unit but not worth spending a lot of money. What do you advise?

I can give you the name of two refurbishment companies that you can try who may repair it for you at a fixed price ~ QER Electronics on #01900 67913 and EMW Electronics on #0115(###) ###-####if not you will have to purchase a new board.,