Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Beko built in double oven ODF 22300 X. Both ovens

I have a Beko built in double oven ODF 22300 X. Both ovens have started heating past their set temperatures and keep heating till they reach maximum then the appliances cuts out / turns off. The thermostats click when setting and the lights go off when the set temperature is reached, but the ovens just keep getting hotter. Can you tell what is wrong?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

How long has the oven been fitted and and if for some time is this something that has just started to happen?

Customer: The oven was fitted 4.5 years ago. This has just started to happen after no problems since new.
Dales-Electronic :

OK how handy are you with a multimeter?

Customer: Sorry, I don't have a multimeter. I know what they are but have never used one.
Dales-Electronic :

OK well I think it would be a good idea now to get someone to check the wiring within the cooker. Usually when you get control problems like this it is because something has shorted out and the power is able to by-pass the switches. If you need an engineer to come and check I can give you a link to a association that has listings of local engineers. Or perhaps you have someone who is an electrician who can check for you? I don't think that it would be a good idea for you to proceed further without the necessary electrical experience or training ~ Ian

Customer: Hi Ian, Thank you for that. I feared it was something serious. Are there any specific areas I can ask them to check?
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Just explain to them what is happening, if I was doing it I would be looking at the cables and the connector block at the back and once I was happy they were OK I would be testing each major components with either a multimeter or megger until I found the faulty component ~ it can be something as simple as the oven light fitting shorting out.
Can you now kindly rate my information to you, this allows me to shut down this job on the system, you can come back to me at anytime at no extra cost once this is done. Thanks you and have a great evening ~ Ian