Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Kenwood microwave kg30gss12 Hi All lights and buttons seem

Customer Question

Kenwood microwave kg30gss12
All lights and buttons seem fine except no response from the ones used to put in cooking time hence its stopped working
Any ideas ?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Would you kindly check out that Model number I do not have it listed at all

JACUSTOMER-3u14ftrt- : Model no is correct
JACUSTOMER-3u14ftrt- : i can send pic of microwave and manual if neede
JACUSTOMER-3u14ftrt- : K30GSS12 sorry I had put in an incorrect G at beginning
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

OK I have moved us across to a question and answer format to all you more time to sort out the problem ~ just checking the manual

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any answer yet.

Are you able to set the clock?

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
OK just switch it off at the wall and then back on and then tell me what you get?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've done that several times
The clock won't set as it uses the buttons that aren't working
They are the only buttons not bleeping either
OK from what you have told me you have a problem with the keypad assy, I have checked the three largest spare part suppliers in the UK and non of them list any electrical components for the microwave only cosmetic and glass plates. Bearing in mind that these appliances are always difficult to source spares for I guess you have only a couple of options, either send the control panel away to a specialist repair company or alternatively cut your loses and scrap it. If you want to contact a specialist company I can give you their information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
I half expected it wouldn't be worth repairing but thought it worth £20 just in case it was something obvious ans simple to fix
Never mind
Thanks for your time
Sorry not to have been able to help you more ~ sometimes its just a case of cutting your losses whilst youre ahead. Have a good evening and thanks for the question. Best regards ~ Ian