George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi there, I have recently had work done on my kitchen which

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have recently had work done on my kitchen which included my dishwasher(Beko DWI643) being switched off at the mains for a while (a week or so). Now that it is back in action it will switch on (lights come on etc) but that is it - it flashes green on cycle setting 3, then shows a constant green light on cycle setting 3 but will not let me run that cycle (I press the play button and nothing happens/it doesn't light up etc) or change the cycle. I have reset and run a test cycle by pressing the cycle selector and play button simultaneously whilst turning the dishwasher on, and the test cycle runs fully and doesn't identify any faults. However after this finishes it again will not let me select or run a proper cycle. Help!!
Thanks,
Hannah
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

Hi Ian, do you have any ideas for me?

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have my full attention ~ could you confirm that the dishwasher was disconnected whilst this kitchen work was being carried out?

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

Hi great. The dishwasher remained connected by was turned off at the mains if that makes sense?

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

(i.e. it was connected to the plumbing but not the electrics)

Dales-Electronic :

OK did the water get turned off, you obviously have electric?

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

The water has been on and off over the last few weeks. The water is now on and the electric is on.

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

As in my original post - the dishwasher is running the test cycles fine

Dales-Electronic :

OK set up the program you would use to prewash, you should hear a buzzing as the pump starts the cycle can you hear this?

Dales-Electronic :

During the test cycle does it let in water?

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

I cant set up any programme, as on my post, it is stuck on cycle 3 and wont let me press play so nothing happens - nobuzzing, nothing.

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

During the test cycle everything works perfectly

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

Water in/out and no problems identified

Dales-Electronic :

The next question may seem strange but Beko use the same dishwasher programmer for a number of models, is the number 3 the 3rd indicator from the left?

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

yes:)

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

It is the last one I used before the work started in the kitchen

Dales-Electronic :

OK the fault that you have is related to a heater fault, it can be either the heater itself the heater sensor (called an NTC sensor) or the wiring between the heater, NTC sensor and the programmer. Just try this little engineer trick, boil up a full kettle of water and pour it into the base of the wash area where the filters are, leave it for about 10 mins and then try and restart the machine. Once you have tried that come back to me and tell me what happened ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

Ok cool will do that now, thanks!

Dales-Electronic :

I'll be around, might be answering another question but I will come back to you

JACUSTOMER-144givrf- :

Sorry I should have asked - should I have the machine on at the time?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Im still here the computer timed out our session but I have moved across to a question and answer session to allow you to ask more questions at no extra cost ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That hasn't worked - still same problem

OK you need to get someone in to have a look at it then, if you have someone who can check the connections and make sure they are sound, it may just be a lose wire but if you don't have the test equipment to check things out all you end up doing is throwing parts at it and not being able to rectify the fault. If needed I can give you a link that will find you a local engineer who should be able to help you. Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need an answer to the question that will fix the problem!

Are you able to use a multimeter, test an ntc sensor and check out cabling?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No!

Hannah ~ I am not trying to be awkward here but there is no quick fix here from the front panel, the appliance will need to be taken apart and various components checked to confirm that they are working correctly using a multimeter/megger. This is not a DIY project. As you have indicated that you are not electrically competent I don't expect you to carry out this and therefore have directed you to call on a qualified engineer. It would be foolhardy to put you in a position where you might electrocute yourself. I am sorry that this is not what you want to hear but safety comes first ~ Ian

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

The fault you are experiencing is indicative of a failure in the heating system or one or more of its associated components, as previously described by Ian.

The appliance will require a partial dismantaling in order to test some of the components... This will require test equipment and the knowledge of how to use it..

This link to Find An Engineer should give you the capability to find an Appliance Technician local to where you live.

I t is my consideration that I am not the one giving you the answer as Ian has already told you all this, so it would be nice for you to rate him rather than I in this instance.