Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Beko wm5100 washer has no power. Checked socket works. Changed

Customer Question

Beko wm5100 washer has no power. Checked socket works. Changed plug fuse. No power still. I have taken the top off and where the cable goes through to the inside the earth wire joins the main loom of wires. The blue and brown have ends on but are not attached to anything, is this the problem should they be joined to the round thing (not sure what it is)
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Yes they should can you see on top of the round thing ? Can you tell me what numbers the ones attached are connected to?

JACUSTOMER-7jl3trzk- :

I am not actually at home at the moment. I could go home very soon. but there is a round thing that is about two inches deep with four terminals on. The brown and blue wires are loose with terminals on and there are two grey wires with terminals on coming out of the main loom. Can I get back in to talk to you if I go home? I have been looking for a picture so I can see what it is all supposed to look like but could not find one

Dales-Electronic :

OK I am around for the rest of the evening and can help you refit things when you get home just ping on here and it will come through to me, speak to you abit later ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-7jl3trzk- :

11116829

Dales-Electronic :

Will be with you in a minute

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
OK so you have a round circular thing with four connectors, this is the interference filter that is used to stop the motor causing noise on your radio or TV. You have two wires that go to the loom connected ~ if you have a look on the top you should have numbers 1,2,3 & 4 ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no its just a round thing with terminals and unconnected wires

OK is it bolted to the rear of the inside cabinet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes with the earth wires attached to the mounting

OK you said in your earlier post that you have two wires connected is that correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but the cable comes from the plug through the bk of the machine but only earth attatched

And you are sure there is no markings on top of the filter? Or perhaps a label on the filter ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no markings at all

OK what colour are the four wires? Can you also look and see if you can see a makers name on the circular thing

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is there any chance this could be done over the phone? *********** /p>

i will still pay at the end

Yes put a # ***** the number and it should come thro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

#07795564612

I hope the information given allows you to finish reconnecting the mains filter, if so would you kindly rate my service to you so that I might close down this session. You can at any time later come back and ask further questions at no extra cost. Have a good evening ~ Ian