Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Have tce7124w on/off button lights up but does not operate

Customer Question

Have tce7124w on/off button lights up but does not operate when start button is selected it does not light & nothing happens
HELP !!!
Tony
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the product code please Tony its on the rating plate also know as the pnc number ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-l1krk71v- :

prod code ********* /p>

Dales-Electronic :

OK the computer has blocked out the number could you resubmit it putting a # ***** the number and it will then come through ~ thanks, ***** ***** thinks you are trying to send me your telephone number ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-l1krk71v- :

Hi Ian

JACUSTOMER-l1krk71v- :

the prod number is #916725603

JACUSTOMER-l1krk71v- :

regards

JACUSTOMER-l1krk71v- :

Tony

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Tony and good morning ~ I am going to move us over to a question and answer session, will come back to you in a mo

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

OK just looking up the details Tony will be back in a moment, forget the bit about the chat being over above its just computer generated ~ OK Im going to walk us through this I will start with the obvious and then move down to the more technical in an attempt to resolve the problem. Firstly have you checked that the condenser has been put back in its slot and then been pushed firmly in, also check that the door has latched properly. Is the plug firmly in its socket ~ what can you hear when you press the start button?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi are you still there???

Yes did you read my instructions above, once you have done these checks come back to me with the results ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have done all above. when I press on /off button "it" lights up but nothing else. when I press the start button NOTHING happens

RegardTony

OK to save me looking up the parts list are you able to take the top off the dryer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Tony

OK with it unplugged you need to check that all the switches are OK and that the connections to the electronic board are tight and sound, so top off and check these out please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

top off have checked all connection still nothing

tony

OK I think from what you have told me that you either have a fault with one of the switches, ie the door interlock, the water container switch or you have a fault with the main control board. Are you able to check the switches out with a multimeter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ian

no cannot check multimeter.

tony

OK at this point you have to make a decision, I will give you all the information and once you have considered the options we can take things further. To check out the switches and cables you need someone with an electrical tester to check that they are operating correctly. This can be either an engineer or a friend as long as they know what they are doing. If having checked out all the above you conclude that it is the electronic board then you have a conundrum as the board is listed as being obsolete on not only the Zanussi website but also the three larges independent suppliers of spare parts in the UK. That only really leaves the likes of Ebay to trawl in the hope of finding one. Think about this for a few minutes and then if you need further help come back to me ~ otherwise kindly rate my service with the smiley faces at the bottom ~ Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Ian,

It seems I am knackered, Thanks for your support You have been helpful but I am not sure you were worth £20 !!

I will give you a smiley face

Tony

Yes I fully understand you might think that when the job turns out this way, sadly sometimes its better to cut you loses rather than plough on. If its any conciliation I don't get the £20 Cry - take care and have a good day ~ Ian