Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi I have a Classic 110 FDS Dual fuel rangemaster, my fan

Customer Question

Hi I have a Classic 110 FDS Dual fuel rangemaster, my fan oven is not working. Do I need to get a service technican to look at it? Any ideas
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the full model number usually it is stuck on the side in the right hand draw runner, the 110 is just a range of cooker not the actual model number. Ian

JACUSTOMER-u4p0nqp7- :

Hi Ian

JACUSTOMER-u4p0nqp7- :

Hi Ian its SER No is 7301 001282. Everything is working just the fan oven,It was turned on a few weeks ago and we have a power cut and when power returned oven woould not work

Dales-Electronic :

hang on just checking on the spec sheets

JACUSTOMER-u4p0nqp7- :

No panic,

Dales-Electronic :

OK here we go, first question is the clock set? If the clock is not set then the main oven will not work.

JACUSTOMER-u4p0nqp7- :

JACUSTOMER-u4p0nqp7- :

Hi clock is set to current time and the other oven is working -

Dales-Electronic :

Are you able to us a multimeter?

JACUSTOMER-u4p0nqp7- :

sorry what is a multimeter?

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me explain how it works and then hopefully you will follow my next suggestion. With the main oven power comes in from around the back then is fed to the clock on the front, once the time is set and the manual operation is selected ~ have you done this? ~ the power is routed via the selector switch through a thermostat to the main oven and fan assembly. If any of the components in this route are not working then you will get no oven action. Just check that the clock is set to Manual now

JACUSTOMER-u4p0nqp7- :

Hi how do you set to manual- I just re-set the time to current time this morning - sorry about this.

Dales-Electronic :

OK hang on and ill get the info for you

Dales-Electronic :

OK its never easy with Rangemaster, how many buttons or knobs do you have?

JACUSTOMER-u4p0nqp7- :

6 bottons

Dales-Electronic :

OK I attach a link to the generic Rangemaster user handbook if you go to page 11 it tells you how to set the clock. Once you have set it to manual come back and advise if this has resolved your problem ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-u4p0nqp7- :

Hi Ian, clock set to manual but still not working. Please advise

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian, I re-set the clock and nothing happened -I had the instruction manual that you sent me the link for

OK at this point I would suggest you get an engineer in to check it out you really need t be able to follow the electric through the system to find out where the power stops, rectify this and you should be up and running. If you need a local engineer just give me a ping and I can locate one for you ~ Ian
Would you now kindly rate my service to allow the system to close down this information request. This can be done using the smiley faces at the bottom. Many thanks ~ Ian

Is there any further service I can offer you? If you are happy with the answers could you kindly rate my service so that I can shut this information request down. Thanks ~ Ian