Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

inverter slimline combi, stopped working it's quite a few years

inverter slimline combi, stopped working it's quite a few years old. is it worth calling a technician out, and what sort of price is it likely to be.
Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . forest thing to check is the pressure gauge. What reading do you have?

Plumberpro :

Sorry , thought you were talking about a Combi boiler,doh

Customer:

appliance is a panasonic microwave combi oven

Customer:

Not happy with response to my problem. Need an answer from a panasonic microwave technician not a plummer.

Customer:

my appliance is a panasinic inverter slimline combi oven model number NN-A574sBBPQ

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Can you give me the model number and I'll just check a couple of things for you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model number is; NN-A574S BBPQ

OK Panasonic are always worth repairing because they are about as good as it gets can you tell me what the problem is with this item what is it doing not doing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my applience is doing nothing, it is completely dead

OK how handy are you with a screwdriver ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Quite handy using a screwdriver

OK you need to unplug the microwave and remove its top cover, likely a couple screws at each side and a number at the back. Once you have it off come back to me,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

top cover removed from microwave

OK if you look where the cable goes in at the back you will see a filter board, this board has a 16 amp fuse on it, can you see if this fuse has blown ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

two fuses 16 amp ok

10 amp not sure (ceramic middle cant see through it )

OK well to move forward you need to assure yourself that these are OK, once this is done we can move it forward. The most common thing to fail on these mws is the inverter board but we need to know its getting power ~ if you get power you should be able to set up the clock and the lamp inside should light when you open the door ~ so mains fuse and then these two 16 amp together with the 10 amp one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have confirmed that power is getting to microwave but on opening door cannot set clock all buttons dead, lamp out but had gone when micro was working previously.

OK the next thing is to take out the control panel from its frame and remove it from its holder. Once removed cast an eye over the pcb tracks and see if any have blow off. These mws were renowned for damaging their pcbs if the light bulb short circuited. Make sure the power is off and that you mark up the connectors # ***** me back when you have this done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

unable to remove control panrl to see anythiong

It is usually held in place by two or three screws which when undone allow you to slide it up out of its retaining grooves and move it forward.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

removed control panel, inspected and found nothing untoward.

OK in that case I would either look for a mw engineer in your area or consider replacing the unit, we seem now be left with the inverter and at £90 plus I would suggest its not worth your while ~ Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.