Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Good Morning. I bought a Bosch Athlet about three weeks

Customer Question

Good Morning.
I bought a Bosch Athlet about three weeks ago in Argos Dumbarton Scotland. I absolutely love it but after a couple of weeks, I have a problem. The machine would only run for a few minutes then it would stop completely. I thought I was not charging it enough. Then I took the machine back to Argos and they had a look at it and tried to diagnose the problem.
The problem is that the flex, right next to the socket plug, is frayed, live wire is visible and the machine is seriously unsafe.
I have always been keen on Bosch appliances and have never had a problem previously so I would appreciate your help with this one.
With thanks.
Mary Horswell
Mary Horswell
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK when you say that the cable is frayed do you mean at the plug end or where it goes into the appliance and is the plug of a moulded form? ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-8oiyrddw- :

The wire which goes into the socket has no covering-its a bare wire which is obviously dangerous

Dales-Electronic :

Understand, but is the fault at the three pin plug end or the connector at the other end? and can you give me the Bosch model number so I can have a look at the diagram please.

JACUSTOMER-8oiyrddw- :

Bosch Athlet 25.2v lithium power, the fault is underneath the plug as it goes into the socket at the wall

JACUSTOMER-8oiyrddw- :

sorry forgot to send it!!

Dales-Electronic :

OK we have two issues here do you want to take Argos on or do you want to fix the vacuum cleaner?

JACUSTOMER-8oiyrddw- :

I don't have an issue with Argos. My issue is with a cleaner costing over £200 and stops working properly three weeks after I bought it brand new

JACUSTOMER-8oiyrddw- :

Why has he 'stepped out ' of the chat suspect I've been conned. Nice way to treat old ladies. Thank you -not!!!

JACUSTOMER-8oiyrddw- :

right then get on with it and stop wasting my time.

Dales-Electronic :

OK I fully understand this but in this case it was Argos that took your money and Argos that are legally obligated to look after you not Bosch hence my question. In this case personally I would take the vacuum back to them and mention that obviously after three weeks of use the product was fit for purchase and that you want a refund. Now if you think I am wasting Your time I will be happy to opt out and you can talk to someone else. You have to understand your legal rights before you can solve this if you don't you will just get fobbed off ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-8oiyrddw- :

I took it back to Argos with my receipt but they said it is under warranty and the problem is with Bosch because the machine doesn't work two weeks after I bought it. Im an OAP and cant afford to waste money. I have always been a fan of Bosch- less so today.

Dales-Electronic :

I am going to offer you an additional service which will allow us to take time and for me to explain your legal rights if you take up the offer it will allow me to see your telephone number and I will call you and take you through things _ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

At the moment you are being directed down the wrong route, if you get Bosch to come out likely they will say that it was customer misuse and charge you for the repair ~ Ian