Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Ian. My part has arrived. The dismantling of the unit does

Customer Question

Ian. My part has arrived. The dismantling of the unit does not appear obvious. Can you assist with detailed instructions?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Just refresh me with the model number will you its been a hard week ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK found you, Fagor induction hob, right power off first and then you will need to get under the hob release the retaining brackets and gently push it through the worktop ~ ping me when you have got it out ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-wcchbeed- : Ian will do - may be tomorrow. Are you referring to clips that would be around the perimeter of the hob, or the White plastic lugs I can see projecting out of the bottom of the hob?
Dales-Electronic :

You should have clips that lock the hob unit to the worktop, there are usually two at the front and two at the back, alternatively sometimes two on left hand side two on right. When you have them undone carefully push the hob thro the hole, this is the dangerous bit as if the kitchen fitter has siliconed it in you can damage the worksurface, slow but sure at this point.

JACUSTOMER-wcchbeed- : Thanks. I'll try next day or so and come back to you. It is silicone base onto granite.
Dales-Electronic :

OK no worries, I am away over the weekend but I will take my laptop and log on here from time to time to see if you further help