Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

How do you replace a oven seal on a zanussi ZOD890X oven it

Customer Question

How do you replace a oven seal on a zanussi ZOD890X oven it is not the door seal but the seal that is fitted in the front of the oven what the door seals against when closed
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the product code (also known as the pnc) which starts with 944 as there are about 15 different versions. Thanks ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1wvt15x3- :

Product No is ********* /p>

Dales-Electronic :

Can you just put a # ***** front of that please, the computer blocks out anything that it thinks is a telephone number. Thanks ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1wvt15x3- :

#944171283

Dales-Electronic :

Be right back

JACUSTOMER-1wvt15x3- :

are you still there

Dales-Electronic :

Yes just checking the diagram for you, it looks like you have to release the oven cavity a little to allow you to remove the old door seal and refit the new one ~ Im trying to get more information as the Zanussi manuals don't cover replacing this seal ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK You will have to leave this with me for a short while as I cant find any information on the system about how to do it. So that others can have chance to respond I will opt out for now and once I know for sure I will come back on here and see if you have got the correct information. ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1wvt15x3- :

as a nexpert i expected more than what you have done it appears you do not no the answer to my question which seems to have been a waste of time i shall not be using you again waste of money

Dales-Electronic :

The reason I wanted time to gather information is that there are as mentioned a the start a number of different versions of this oven. I will give you the instructions for the two most common, ~ remove the door, once removed you will see a number of screws that hold the oven front to the cavity ~ carefully unscrew, these which will leave a gap between the oven cavity and the front panel, remove the old seal and replace with the new item then refit and tighten up. Once this is completed refit the door.

Dales-Electronic :

Type two ~ use the same basic principle but in this version you have to remove the oven cavity from the back which as before gives you the gap needed to change the seal. This is a little more tricky but if you take it steady and perhaps with someone giving you a hand is straightforward ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1wvt15x3- :

Thank you i did not realise it would take that long

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry there was no information at all from Zanussi so I had to wait for one of my friends who is one of their design engineers. Just for you info, he was saying in the 25 years he has worked for them he has never changed a door seal on one of these, guess you just got unlucky. Have fun it sounds like a sod of a job to do, probably best to have the oven on a bench when you do it ~ Thanks for the rating ~ Ian