Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

ABH 1620 STAINLESS STEEL INDUCTION 60CM CERAMIC HOB. REF E-NRXYZ21234/00 FD

Customer Question

ABH 1620 STAINLESS STEEL INDUCTION 60CM CERAMIC HOB.
REF E-NRXYZ21234/00
FD 7202
WE HAVE A PROBLEM WHERE THE 2 RINGS ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE DO NOT WORK. THEY GO ON ZERO WHEN PRESSING THE HOB TOUCH BUTTON BUT THEN WHEN YOU TRY THE PLUS OR MINUS TOUCH BUTTONS THE HOB ZERO STARTS FLASHING LIKE A REVERSED NUMBER 9.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Kindly supply the manufacturers name

JACUSTOMER-tsmy3cwx- :

bosch Hello Ian it's my first time on this website do you need any more info and are you still on the case

Dales-Electronic :

OK ~ I need you to find me the correct ENr which will be under the hob, the ENr given is not correct and without it I can only generally give you an answer ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-tsmy3cwx- :

E-NRXYZ1234/00 Hope this is correct

Dales-Electronic :

On Bosch induction hobs the ENr starts with PI are you sure it is an induction hob?

JACUSTOMER-tsmy3cwx- :

Hi Enr - PIE640Q01E/03 FD8703

Dales-Electronic :

OK lets have a look and see what we have here ~

Dales-Electronic :

ok this is almost sure to be a power board fault, there are two of these boards in your hob, a left hand one and a right hand one, each looks after two hotplates. As the keyboard is working correctly I would suggest that the power board connected to your two dead hotplates is faulty and needs replacing. These boards are not cheap at £200 plus each. So I would think carefully about the repair in relation to a replacement unit. ~ Kindly now rate my information so that I can remove the query from the system, you can continue to chat to me at no extra cost once this is done ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Ian

hOW EASY IS IT TO BUY THE BOARD AND FIT IT MYSELF

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Ian

HOW EASY IS IT TO BUY THE BOARD AND FIT IT MYSELF

You would need to remove the hob unit from out of the worktop and then once this was done take off the ceramic top, locate the power board and just replace it in the reverse of the way you remove the faulty one. The part numbers for the two power boards are 662079 and 662074 the one ending 074 is the most common one to fail. Just let me see if I can find a supplier for you. It looks like the 079 one is no longer available which I would suggest means that the one that causes most trouble is the 074 which is still available for anywhere between 160~200 quid.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to re-cap would I need a board for each hob or does one board cover the left hand side.

Looks like the one that always fails is the 074 board, but even if it were the other side you cant get it as its listed as no longer available by the three largest spares suppliers in the UK.