Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have just purchased a Neff S58T69X0GB Built In Slimline Dishwasher...

I have just purchased a Neff S58T69X0GB Built In Slimline Dishwasher... It has arrived with a metal plate attached with a small piece of sticky tape to the bottom of the machine and i don't know what this is for and how it should or where it should be fitted. There is also a strange flat rubber mat type thing which I am also confused about. I have a rather incomprehesible large fold out instruction sheet full of diagrams referring to Figure 1, 2 3 etc etc but there is no list of what these parts are on it. I have searched and searched the internet to see if there is anything to help but this has proved worthless. Is there a more understandable set of fitting instructions that is available somewhere for this dishwasher?? Cab you help me please?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Good morning

Michael :

as for the mat, it can be used in pieces under the legs if you need to dampen any additional sound.

Michael :

And the strip is a decorative part that is used mostly when you have a custom installation like a built in design

Michael :

SO basically those parts arent needed in most applications;-) I hope that helps?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning John,
Good morning
6:33 AM
6:33 AM
6:34 AM
SO basically those parts aren't needed in most applications;-) I hope that helps?
6:32 AM
Good morning
6:33 AM
6:33 AM
6:34 AM
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael

Can i send you a couple of pictures so you can understand what im talking about?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John sure you can send them on here.
I'm pretty sure of this though as I install these units all the time lol;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael.... Are you aware of any installation instructions online which I can download?

Sorry to be a pain..

Here are pictures of the metal plate and of the flat rubber section. The rubber mat thingy seems to have a lozenge cust out on the right, and a couple of twin holed tabs on the left...together with a stip of double sided tape on the reverse on the long edge... I dont understand where you would stick this and what it would achieve...

John

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John your not a pain its better to be sure than sorry;-) thanks for the pics John,
Both of these parts are really not for your unit.
I checked and they make no mention of them.
Its something they will include for special applications, but really those two pieces are needed at all for your installation;-)
You should be fine to complete the install without them.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael, I really wish Neff would provide proper information. If these components are not required, how is anyone supposed to know this?

I am right in assuming that you cannot direct me as to where I can get proper fitting instructions for my dishwasher?

John

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi fitting the dishwasher is a straightforward process really.
If you are replacing an old one things would be very easy. But if this is a new install where there wasn't already a dishwasher, you will need to make sure there is wiring, and plumbing to the sink drain and supply line.
I can help there as well/ But please rate kindly and I will stick with you for further questions.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.