George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have just used my new zanussi pyrolitic oven on 220 degrees

I have just used my new zanussi pyrolitic oven on 220 degrees for 35 minutes and it used 2 units of electricity which seems to be a lot of electricity for half an hours use.
Since this supposed to be a A rated oven This seems high to me or is correct thank you
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Can you supply me with the model number and the PNC please

Customer: Hi the model no isZOP37902ZXK I do not know what a pnc is
George-Allsorts :

It is a 12 digit number beginning with a 9 and it is on the rating plate on the cooker

Customer: It's ********* 05
George-Allsorts :

can you give me that again but with a # ***** of the numbers and no gaps please

Customer: #94971810505
George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that... one moment please whilst I do some checking for you...

George-Allsorts :

When you used the oven... You say you used it on 220 degs, but you also say you used the prolitic oven... I presume you had not put it on pyro... is that correct?

Customer: No I just called it that so you'd know what sort of oven I have. I just want to know roughly how much energy an oven uses in 30 mins at this temp because I am in dispute with my energy company thanks
George-Allsorts :

OK.. I am going to post you the element ratings for your oven.. This will explain a lot...

George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

What setting did you have the selector on?

George-Allsorts :

Fan or Conventional?

Customer: I had it on fan setting
George-Allsorts :

Then as you can see from the image... It should be using 2400w per hour; therefore, if you are correct in your timing, you should have used approx 1050w

George-Allsorts :

sorry that is a mis-type.. it should read 1450w

Customer: I made sure I was correct in timing so it used approx 550 units more according to my meter it is so annoying when they insist that there is nothing wrong. Can you suggest what I can do to prove to them that the meter is running too fast they have already installed a check meter and say its correct
George-Allsorts :

Show them the image that I gave you and have them time-test the usage

George-Allsorts :

In the meantime, can I ask you to take a moment to rate my assistance/responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Once rated, I will assist you further with the fault... The higher the rating the better for me.
This will initially close our chat but we can still re-open and continue our conversation

George-Allsorts :

If they put the fan oven on for one hour exactly... it should use 2400w + 50w for the fan + a smidgin for the board... Less than 2500w

Customer: Thank you I will do that, though I doubt it will cut any ice with SSE. Thank you for your help ***** *****
Customer: Thank you I will do that ***** *****
George-Allsorts :

You are very very welcome... I wish you well tomorrow...

If you get the chance.. come back and let me know how you get on

George-Allsorts :

Don't forget to rate my assistance