George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a RS21WCNS1 refrigerator. The fridge temperature light

I have a RS21WCNS1 refrigerator. The fridge temperature light is blinking. For the past two weeks there has been a period sound from the back of the fridge like a fanbelt - maybe cooling system? Two symbols on this old model are showing: two oblongs shapes with arrows and temp light with three wavy lines is showing up. Help please!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George; I am sorry to hear you are having problems...

Firstly, you need to find somewhere to store the contents of the freezer.
With all content of the freezer removed, unplug the power supply to your appliance and allow it to defrost... Defrost can be done naturally over a 36hr period, or 24hr with the door open and the appliance disconnected from the power supply, or 12hr forced, with the door open and with the use of a hair dryer or other warm air implement, being careful not to distort or damage any of the plastic parts in the process.

TIP** Turning-up the heat in the room will speed-up the process.
TIP** Place some towels on the floor of the compartment you are defrosting to soak-up any water created during the defrost procedure

Once this is completed you can then restart the appliance.

George-Allsorts :

Then after 12hrs come back to me and let me know what the situation is... Temp in fridge, Temp in freezer

Customer:

Hi George.

George-Allsorts :

Hello there

Customer:

Thanks for the guidance. Terrible timing of course, I have my 10 hour day tomorrow. Still will proceed. How do I get back to you for feedback?

George-Allsorts :

You could just try find me .. or, you could rate my assistance to you so far, even though it is not a lot, and that will lock you in. when you log in, go to my questions and I'll be there

George-Allsorts :

Sorry about the timing, but, we have a procedure to follow with these