Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a de dietrich DOD788X4 oven, works fine but now and

Customer Question

I have a de dietrich DOD788X4 oven, works fine but now and again it will stop mid cook and the message IN IT appears in the display, if I switch it off and back on a couple of time away we go. any ideas
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-kx63ec73- :

ok

Dales-Electronic :

Trying to get you an answer but as you will be aware DeDietrich has gone bust so waiting for a response from a college who used to be their service manager. Will come back to you as soon as I have the info ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK managed to get hold of my friend, he thinks it is the mains suppressor in the back of the oven where the power comes in but will check for me tomorrow when he gets back to work. I will come back to you as soon as I know ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-kx63ec73- :

Thanks Ian I'll wait to hear from you tomorrow

Dales-Electronic :

Speak to you tomorrow and have a good evening

JACUSTOMER-kx63ec73- :

Hi Ian, Any news yet ?

Dales-Electronic :

Morning, Sorry I am still waiting for a reply, I will get back to you as soon as I can - Ian

JACUSTOMER-kx63ec73- :

Hi Ian, any news yet?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes, not sure if its good news or not, the IN IT fault is caused by either the mains suppressor/filter at the back or the main power board it can be either. If it were me I would change the mains filter and then if that doesn't rectify the fault look for a power board which will be much more expensive !!