Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

when trying to get the thread up from the bobbin top thread

Customer Question

when trying to get the thread up from the bobbin top thread is catching on"something" and jabbing
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
May I have the make and model #, also the age of your sewing machine?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael the machine is a Pfaff classic style quilt 2027 I have had it for about 6 years.

thanks Ann

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ann thank you for that information.
Does the top thread seem to unspool normally and smooth when you simply pull it out?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The top thread seems to be getting caught on something on the top of the case towards the front and wrapping around it .I have to take the bobbin out and if the needle has only gone down once i am able to pull it out from the top but if it has gone down more then once it is tangled and takes getting something to untangle it bit by bit

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the top thread is running freely

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ann,
This problem is a timing issue inside. It controls the timing between the lower thread, gears, and needle.
After a certain period of time this needs to be reset by a sewing machine repair shop. Its just basic maintenance.
Most local vacuum shops also do sewing machine repair as well.
In your case this will need to be done in a shop as specialized equipment is needed to calibrate it back to factory condition. I wish this were a do it your self project I really do.
In any case Have a Great day Ann.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael Thanks for that will find somewhere to take it in.What causes this to happen and can i prevent it happening again

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi this is something that can happen if the collars loosen, and also it can happen if the machine is used extensively.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks i have been using it alot

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome, I will be here if you need anything else;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
s