Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have just purchased a bosch dishwasher sms50t22GB and have

I have just purchased a bosch dishwasher sms50t22GB and have soft water.I need to change the salt setting to 0. I went through the process in the manual, but can't tell if I have set it right as there seems to be no indicator of water hardness. What do I need to do?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Ok if you have followed the manual and got to the end and the salt indicator light has gone out the microprocessor has accepted your information. The salt indicator will now not come on again until there is a need to refill the chamber. Perhaps worthy of note for you at this time is that the salt is not used to soften the water ~ rather it is used to flush out the built in water softener system. If you need further information ping me on here but from what you have told me you have set it up correctly and you are good to go. Now kindly rate my service, this will allow you ask further questions if necessary at no extra cost to you. Enjoy the dishwasher, Bosch make about the best there is, I have one here and wouldn't have any other brand. take care ~ Ian