Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511
Appliance

Hi,I had a VRT 350f thermostat installed for my ecotec

I had a VRT 350f... Show More
I had a VRT 350f thermostat installed for my ecotec boiler a week ago.
Apart the issue of the time losing 3-4 minutes a day, the main problem I have is that every time I go to check the thermostat when it is in set-back mode (i.e. timer off), either for the time or check the temperature or change a setting etc it activates the boiler and it then fires up for short periods for the next half hour to an hour. This obviously means it is heating the house at a time the heating is set to be off.
The settings on the thermostat installer level (heating status, flow temp target & actual etc) all indicate it is in set back mode but the boiler is on and pumping hot water round.
If it is left untouched it follows the timer programme correctly.
Thanks for any help in advance!
Sarah
Show Less
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Was the new thermostat fitted by a Vailant engineer or a local plumber?

JACUSTOMER-di49k6r2- :

My Dad following the very simple instructions supplied with the thermostat and following the suppliers installation video.

Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
replied 2 years ago.
.
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago.

.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I can't see the full question you asked about checking the set back temp, but I don't even get as far as checking the set back temp.

What I meant by checking the temp was to check the room temp which you do simply by pressing any button to activate the screen (goes blank when not in use to save the battery). This shows the display and then activates the boiler without going into any settings or pressing any further buttons.

ie. simply by turning on the screen to read data also turns on the boiler.

Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
replied 2 years ago.
The room thermostat should show the room temperature all the time, it should not turn off?