Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi Daniel, my bosh logixx 7 has stopped working mid cycle.

Hi Daniel, my bosh logixx 7 has stopped working mid cycle. At the moment the start button along with the spin 400 and spin and end lights are flashing at me and it sounds like it is trying to spin but it isn't. I have no idea what is wrong. Can you help?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if its not spinning then its possibley worn carbon brushes in the motor. To access them you need to remove the back and remove the motor from the bottom of the drum.
The carbon brushes are located in the back of the motor.

But try this reset first and see what happens.

Turn the appliance knob to the off or reset position, 12 o'clock.
Turn the knob to the 6 o'clock position.
Press and hold the spin reduce button and while holding the spin reduce button turn the knob to the 7 o'clock position.
Continue holding the spin button for about 5 seconds then release the spin button and now turn the knob to off
When your turn it back on it should have cleared the error code

Then retry the washer and see what happens. If it does it again then you need to check the carbon brushes in the motor and replace and reset it again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi it doesn't seem to be resetting. Are the carbon brushes easy to replace. Can I replace them or will they need an expert?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
If you are handy at diy then you should be fine. The trickey part is getting the motor out.

If you look on the back theres 2 type. Either a big square back you can remove or a small oval back. The big back is easyer as you can remove the motor from there but if you have the oval one then there isnt much room so can be trickey.

Once you have the motor out the carbons are on springs and are located at the back of the motor.

Heres a video clip that shows you how to access them once the motor is out.

Click here.