George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

H I have a Neff K39 Fridge Freezer with a Ice-Safe Ice cube

Customer Question

H I have a Neff K39 Fridge Freezer with a Ice-Safe Ice cube maker. The ice cubes won't come out of the tray so the refill water just freezes on top of the existing icecubes and then leaks out the bottom
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Can you give me the full E Nr together with the FD please

JACUSTOMER-1co392z3- :

Its a Neff fridge freezer K39x - not sure what FD means

George-Allsorts :

The full E Nr and the FD will be on a sticker at the side of the salad drawers or on the inside wall of the fridge

JACUSTOMER-1co392z3- : Found it.
JACUSTOMER-1co392z3- : e-nr: K3990X6GB/02
JACUSTOMER-1co392z3- : FD8608
George-Allsorts :

Thank you for that... one moment please

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me what happens when you press the button underneath the ice maker please

JACUSTOMER-1co392z3- : The ice tray rotates but the cubes don't come out. More water is then poured on top of the ice today, which freezes on top of existing ice.
JACUSTOMER-1co392z3- : I did clear all the cubes out by using warm water but the new cubes still didn't come out
George-Allsorts :

There are two different ice makers for this unit.. one is heated and the other is just mechanical... I will need to consult the wiring diagrams and parts information for your particular appliance when I get back into work on Monday... if can you hold until then.

JACUSTOMER-1co392z3- : Ok. There is a couple of wires underneath the ice cube tray. There is a sort of flap that gives up and down as the tray rotates but not sure what that does
George-Allsorts :

Are the wires loose.. Turn the appliace off before checking this

JACUSTOMER-1co392z3- : The wires seem to be ok. I can send a photo of the ice tray underside if that helps
George-Allsorts :

Yes please

JACUSTOMER-1co392z3- : How do I send a photo
George-Allsorts :

Save the photo to your computer, then click on the paper clip sign above the text input box and choose the photo then reply

JACUSTOMER-1co392z3- :

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

OK thank you for that... You will need to remove the ice-maker to access the plug on the end of those wires to test for continuity...

Please take a moment to rate my assistance so far.. Please use the smiley faces available to do this.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you just explain how this works. I've already paid £20 which I assume went to you but when I rate the service as requested I'm being asked to contribute more funds which the system is trying to take out of my account. Is the £20 for the advice or will it cost me more? Thanks

I don't know anything of how the payment system works; I can say that your assumption however is certainly incorrect... For any question relating to payment you will need to email***@******.***

Please let me know how you get on testing the heater on the icemaker...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks

You are welcome... I will assist further in what way I can...

I do know that getting you to improve my rating does not cost you anything further, therefore that is my goal