Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Krups EA801040 Bean to Cup COffee machine, and it

Customer Question

I have a Krups EA801040 Bean to Cup COffee machine, and it has intermittently had all lights blinking and cannot make coffee - most annoying! It now has cleaning lights on, despite doing the full clean several times. Any ideas would be very helpful ....
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
Have you tried unplugging your coffee maker for 1 full hour?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, see my original enquiry/request. it used to work to switch it off for an hour (although cannot use a coffee machine if that is what you have to do!) now it simply flashes with all lights indicating that it needs cleaning, but have done the complete clean 3 or 4 times and so that is not working.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thanks Debbie,
switching off and unplugging are two different things.
When you actually unplug the coffee maker it can reset the the main controller.
Switching off and on wont do that;-)
If you have already unplugged the unit please let me know. Also how old is your Bean to cup?
Thank you for your patience Deb.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I switched off at the socket previously, I hadn't used it for about a month , but switched it on and it was still doing same trick!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that info Deb,
what you have is a failing main control board.
How old is your coffee maker?
And did you want to make this repair yourself with my assistance if the unit is over 1 year old?
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that info Deb,
How old is your coffee maker?
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, yes was on phone!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Micheal - I bought this on ebay, and it looks as though it has not had a huge amount of use, but clearly the seller found similar problems and off loaded it. I would think it is a couple of years old at most. If you could help me repair this that would be really good.?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
LOL;-)
I can let you know where to order the part if you want, its easy to replace and I will help you with that once you have it.
Please call Ereplacement parts: (###) ###-#### Call us toll free
8:00AM-10:00PM Mon-Fri, EST
9:00AM-8:00PM Sat, EST
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Debbie!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thanks for that, but I am in the UK - are you in the USA? Is there somewhere in the UK I can buy the replacement part from? And I guess I will need to find the part number?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Debbie, you wont need to part # ***** the model #.
Yes Im in the US.
But since you are in the UK please contact them here:
For your information our opening hours are:
Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm
Helpline:
UK – 0345(###) ###-####
ROI – 01(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael, what about fitting it?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Deb, they can tell you you about getting the part. As for fitting it , this will only require a few basic hand tools and no soldering!
If you will rate my service as good or better at this point, you can always contact me when you have the board simply by replying to any of our messages.
Have a great day Deb!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, I just tried that phone number but it says not in service?!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi they must have a phone issue going on thats their #.
But you can try this one as well: 0800 442 442
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael that was the Nespresso Club and they can't help, she is looking on the internet to give me a telephone number to ring.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Deb, they may have changed their # ***** thats not common for them.
Please let me know if you get a good #;-)
Tech Michael