Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have Rangemaster Toledo 90 serial no 6896 154579 Turned

I have Rangemaster Toledo 90
serial no 6896 154579
Turned main oven on this morning and heard a `flash` behind switch. main circuit breaker for cooker tripped on house distribution board. reset ecb and tried again, main oven no response, including no fan and no red light. This has happened before but then for some reason starting working ok. I have a feeling the grill did the same this morning but now appears ok.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

This is going to be the selector switch

The fan, the element and the neon are all controlled via the switch, so the vchances of all 3 failing at the same time is remote

Because the current draw on these is quite high, the contacts of the switch can burn out. |Also check for loose wiring

Im try ing to locate a switch for you now

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I agree with your probable diagnosis , however how do I access the switch.

All knobs are off, stainless panel is off and backplate is exposed. Access now appears to be from behind, by removing side panels or from top by removing hob. please advise

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul

There are many variants of this

From memory. I believe you have to remove the side panels and the top.
This will then give access to screws retaining the complete control panel

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Removing the top appears to be quite an undertaking, hence my call for advice. Please advise further on removal of hob. hopefully serial numbers will assist which model.

Paul

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul

Unfortunately there is no step by step dismantling procedure on these.

Rangemaster train their own engineers and others who underatke this work have the experience to be able to look and see how to dis a ssemble this.

If you are unsure of what to do, you may be better advised to get someone to do this for you

Sorry

Rob