Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

hi, I am using Bosch 4 gas burner hob and from yesterday the

Customer Question

hi, I am using Bosch 4 gas burner hob and from yesterday the igniter has started sparking continuously, can you please advice any remedy or does it have to be replaced for new hob? your reply shall be much appreciated
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Should the hob spark as you turn the gas knob, or does it have a seperate ignition button?
Have you recently cleaned the hob ot had a spill?
Do you know the model number and age?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The hob sparks before the gas knob is turned and do not have separate ignition button.

other than normal wipe clean is done regularly and has not had any spill.

I am not too sure about the model but I bought this from COMMET in Nov 1999

regards

Dil

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dil

There are a series of switches linked to each gas knob.
Normally, as you turn the knob, it activates the switch for the spark
It sounds like one of the switches is permanantly activated
This would mean stripping the hob and replacing the part
If this is something you feel able to do, please look onto the base of the hob, from the
cupboard underneath and give me the ENr from the plate there

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

many thanks for the information. At present I am at work away from home and I will provide you with ENr number later tonight and hope to get further advice in order to resolve the problem

kind regards

Dil

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dil
No problem, just post back when you can

Please dont forget to rate now as this is the only way I get credit for spending my time helping you
This does NOT close your question nor cost you more
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

with regard to our chat on 4 burner Bosch Hob igniter trouble I am pleased to forward the E-Nr number which is NCT635MEU/01. How would you recomend replacing the permanently activated switch or you can advice call out service contact.

Dil

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dil

Because this is a gas appliance, for safety reasons I would suggest getting Bosch to do the work

Please call them on 0344(###) ###-####(UK)

All the best

Rob