Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Daewoo FRSU20 Side by side Fridge Freezer.Problem: Following

Customer Question

Daewoo FRSU20 Side by side Fridge Freezer.
Problem: Following re-assembly of ice maker (to replace fan), ice tray has not filled with water, so not making ice.
All electrics reconnected. Fan operates, light comes on, front panel water dispenser (for glasses of water) operates fine, switch "clunks" properly when ice dispenser is selected. However, can hear no solenoid/relay noises indicating that water is "trying" to fill ice tray, therefore don't think frozen water inlet pipe is the problem. Have left on for two hours, but unit is making no attempt to fill ice tray with water. Cannot tell if other ice functions are working as nothing will happen until ice is made of course.
Prior to disassembly (to replace fan) all was working fine apart from ice failing to freeze. Rest of freezer OK then and now. Just won't fill with water. Would like to test by fooling/tripping the relay/solenoid which opens the water valve, but can't see how to do this. Note: Freezer was left in operation for two days with internal back-panel (holding fan) removed. Not sure this is relevant - just mentioning.
I do have a test meter (electric) but am not all that expert!
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Kindly advise which fan you refer to there is an evaporator fan in both the fridge and the freezer and one in the condenser area, non of these have an connection to the ice maker. Also please advise the full model number of you product the FRSU20 is only a generic code I need the full model number - Ian

JACUSTOMER-zyawwnll- :

The fan referred to is the one within the ice-maker area at the top rear of the freezer compartment, venting into the ice maker apparatus. It's job is to cool the icemaker alone I think.

JACUSTOMER-zyawwnll- :

I'm not sure how to proceed; I had a separate email saying the cost of my question is now re-rated as £36. I'm afraid this is too much for me. As I was quoted £20, and have not received a solution as yet, perhaps the way forward is just to refund my £20 and I will try and sort the matter myself? Perhaps you could confirm?