George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

How do I turn off the burners on my Rangemaster professional

How do I turn off the burners on my Rangemaster professional 60 cooker please? We've forgotten which way you are meant to turn them to the off position (0)- clockwise or anticlockwise?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Can you supply me with the model number of the cooker please

Customer:

Hi George, it is a Rangemaster Professional + 60 gas cooker. We don't know which way to turn it. In the manual it says do not operate the burner between max and 'off' position. Thanks for help.

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for that.. One moment whilst I check my Knowledgebase

Customer:

Thank you George- we have solved it though - my mum called the gas man out and he showed us we could just turn it the other way- past the max to the off position! Thanks for your help anyway. Sorry to bother you.

George-Allsorts :

The correct procedure according to the information in my knowledgebase is to turn anti-clockwise for ON and Clockwise for OFF

Customer:

Thank you George- that's what we've found! Simple really- so sorry for the bother. Best reagrds

George-Allsorts :

Sorry you had to call a gas man out at such an expense to get the information...

If you however, consider that the information search I afforded you would have been worthwhild to you, please consider giving a half decent rating to my assistance... Otherwise, feel free to call on me next time you need help, prior to expensive callouts...

regards
George

Customer:

Thank you very much George.

Customer:

regards, Deborah