Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a dw601 dishwasher, it starts to fill and the pump,

Customer Question

I have a dw601 dishwasher, it starts to fill and the pump, pumps it out straight away, could tell me what wrong please?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

hello I am sorry to hear that.

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Does it fill and drain at the same time or just fill and then drain?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It fills first and then pumps out
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
This is a bad float switch, it may be stuck in the up position or may be simply in need of replacement.
Also let me ask, wee there any extra suds in there for any reason prior to this incident?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No extra suds
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Yes then its the float you need to replace.
The best place to get that is Partmaster.
It is best to call them for this. I will assist you in this repair when you have the part;-)
Please contact them at : 0344(###) ###-####
Contact Centre opening times
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm
Sunday Closed
Tech Michael.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have checked float switch, with meter, it seems ok, put it back on and then switch m/c on, it started to fill, looking at the float, it does not move up, it just goes into empty mode. I them switch off, and start m/c again but this time I lifted the poly float up with screwdriver and it started empty again. Is this what should happen?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi when you checked the float do you get OPEN and CLOSED as you move the float up and down?
Or is it stuck?
Usually its best to simply replace it because even if it starts working again it could and most of the time it will fail again.
thanks
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it does open and close and is not stuck
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** sure the switch is working internal to the float, then you need to check the wiring all the way up to the main control console next.
Let me know what you find there.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have checked wiring right up to the pcb and made sure the connection are ok. There are not kinks in the pipes, I have had the over flow switch checked and is ok.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
This sounds like if all that was ok, that the main control board is at fault here.
Its usually not the control but if everything is clear and the float is good, then the next step is to replace the main pcb.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for your help, it was the control, I have fitted it and all is working good, thanks again.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome;-)