Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi, I have a mobile butane gas radiant heater fitted with

Hi, I have a mobile butane gas radiant heater fitted with a Raccord Rapide Quick Coupling R700G 21 regulator, which has just a single black switch with no small red button that my other regulators have. It has not been used for about 2 years, but been in the house under good conditions for this time.
I can't seem to get the regulator to connect properly and operate. It seems to click into position OK when I press in the switch at " 3 o'clock", but no further movement of the switch is then possible. Could the switch be jammed from lack of use, or am I just not doing it right!?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you just confirm that you are using it on a 21mm gas cylinder fitment as many companies are now using the 20mm sized one, whos the gas supplier?

Customer:

The gas supplier is Color - the 15kg clinder

Customer:

The liner is 21 and the reg. is type 634 and seems to fit perfectlycylinder is 21

Dales-Electronic :

OK you should be able to depress release lever and twist the locking knob around which then locks on, if you cant do this then you need to replace the coupling