Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I Can light all four rings on my cooker ,however unless I hold

I Can light all four rings on my cooker ,however unless I hold the ignitionin continually the flame will not stay on.
Oven and grill work find
Steve
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi Steve

Michael :

may I have the make and model # ***** your cooker?

Michael :

I will switch us to Q & A it works better;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Also is this the case with all the burner control knobs and did they all fail at the same time like this?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

Its a Zanussi cooker about a year old. I am trying to find the exact model number It has four cooker rings/Grill oven and a regular oven.

All gas rings stopped working at once. The ring flame will stay on and the flame can be adjusted but your need to hold the ignition switch in continually for the flame to stay on. The cooker/Grill work find

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information.
The model may be in side the oven door one one of the door edges or the chassis it self.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They stop working one by one over a 10 day period, and the last ring stopped working to day

I have found the following ID Number zcg662gx2 TYPE 75 D00 B01 A B

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DID YOU GET MY LAST RESPONSE WITH MODEL NO ETC.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that.
This is a part called a thermocouple. Its a safety device that will shut the gas off if it doesn't sense the flame.
Its pretty easy to replace if you are handy and have some basic tools. Otherwise you should have a gas tech make this repair.
In any case it will be cheaper if you already have that part in hand;-)
Please call Sparepartsie for this part at : +353 1(###) ###-####/(###) ###-####/(###) ###-####
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael