Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I can't reset my dishwasher. It won't finish it's cycle

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, I am sorry to hear that.
May i have the make and model # ***** your dishwasher?
Also how old it is?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bosch. probably about 10-15 yrs old, (it came with a house I bought) not sure of model.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information. What happens when you try to run the machine?
What does the display show and does it respond in any way? Please explain;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok. sorry. no digital display. we put in on last night as normal. this morning, it was still running. that tablet hasn't disolved and plates are dry. it doesn't seem to be filling with water. i've dismantled and re-built the filter and other bits at the bottom this morning and cleared it all out. when i turn it on, it sound like it's trying to do something but water isn't coming through properly.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi May I have the model #? It should be inside the door on the frame of the door or on the chassis in there around the door.
Also are you saying your dishwasher isn't taking in fresh water?
Please explain.
Thank you for your patience as this is a technical question;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no model number on it and I have no paperwork. I can take a photo and send it? It's fitted - do I need to take the wooden front off to find out a number?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi no you wont need to remove the wood. But the model # ***** ***** inside the dishwasher or on the door frame or the chassis frame the door is attached to. It can be difficult to locate but its in that area.
You will need that to order the part you.
Also I need to know if fresh water will enter the machine and will it start from the beginning of the cycle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've triple checked. There are no numbers / codes in the dishwasher, on the door, on the frame, - anywhere, There are numbers on the some of plastic parts but i guess that's no use. The dishwasher seems to be trying to take in water but as there is a small amount in the drainage area, I'm unsure as to whether it's just throwing that around I would guess it is trying to take some in, but it's not happening as it should.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi without the model # ***** hard for me to be sure which model you have.
Does your dishwasher have a mechanical timer or buttons to set it?
Also can you start it to a new cleaning cycle and let me know if it takes on water or just makes a humming sound during the time it is supposed to be taking in water?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has buttons to set it. a big on / off one and 3 programmes and a rinse, It make a humming noise and the wheel at the bottom spins squirting a tiny bit of water about.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
this means you need a new water inlet valve(electrically operated).
Its easy to replace and I can help you do that.
It only requires a few basic hand tools as well;-)
but you will need the model # ***** the dishwasher to order that part.
Bosch makes it hard to locate sometimes but it should be located in one of the places I mentioned.
If you cant find it still,the Espares may be able to guide you further on that. Espares is also a good place to get the valve from, please call them at:0844 9777 888.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok - Thanks. I'll try and find the number again when the kids are asleep. I'm sure it's not there though
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good, please rate my service to you and I will stick with you until this part is installed and your dishwasher is working properly once again;-)
Have a nice day!
Tech Michael