Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

American style Whirlpool side by side fridge freezer.fridge

American style Whirlpool side by side fridge freezer.fridge compartment is freezing milk etc despite 5 degree temp why should this be.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

good morning May I have the model # ***** your fridge?

Michael :

also how old is your fridge?

Customer: I don't have it on me because I am abroad.about 8 years old.it is Whirlpool side by side American type fridge freezer with cold water dispenser and integrated ice maker
Michael :

thank you, ***** ***** know if there is any heavy frost inside the freezer on the rear wall?

Customer: Not to my knowledge the fridge is just to cold and items are freezing
Michael :

Michael :

this problem means you should first try this, turn off the fridge and leave both doors open for 24 hours as a defrost.

Michael :

then when you power it back on you can let me know if within a week the problem retuens, it may be fine then;-)

Michael :

There is a al electronic door on the side wall between the freezer and frdge that gets frozen sometimes and will cause this very same issue

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I switched us to Q & A as your time ran out.
If you still have the issue which I doubt, you can contact me anytime at no additional cost if you will rate my service to you at this point before closing this page.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael