George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Zanussi TD184. The door catch appears to have "lost

I have a Zanussi TD184. The door catch appears to have "lost " its spring so I have ordered and received 1 Door Latch, 1 Latch Pin and 1 Latch Spring. I have tried to replace the old ones but do not appear to have got it right as the door catch handle does not spring shut.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Is this the spring that you have replaced

KevinWhiteJA :

Full Size Image

Customer:

YES

KevinWhiteJA :

are you sure you have inserted the spring correctly ?

Customer:

Unfortunately, Kevin, I have no idea which way I should insert the spring! Have you a visual you can show me?

Customer:

are you planning to return to the chat with more information for me, please?

KevinWhiteJA :

OK yes

KevinWhiteJA :

please give me few minutes so that I can check

KevinWhiteJA :

I am still searching for a video or some image however, in the meantime you can try to fit the spring into the door hook with the long wire inserted with the hook pointing inwards. This part is not easy to fit and you might have to pull the spring so as it fits in correctly.

Customer:

Ok. I will give it a try in 15-20 minutes and reply. If I don't get back to you tonight I will follow up in the morning.

KevinWhiteJA :

Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, dont know if this image will help but just want to give you an idea on how it should appear

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

Thanks, ***** ***** the td184 latch is not like the one in the image. Anyhow I will give it a try.....

KevinWhiteJA :

OK sure let me know how it goes

Customer:

Good morning, Kevin. I have tried - unsuccessfully. I inserted the spring into the door hook with the long wire sticking out on the opposite side to the hook. When I located this up against the door latch plate I could not get the all the holes in line to get the latch pin into them without the spring being forced out of the door hook. Do you understand what I am trying to explain? I could do with seeing a diagram of how everything fits together.

Customer:

PS Just re reading your 4.56 comment. ".......to pull the spring so as it fits in correctly". perhaps you could expand on this, please.

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes I do understand may be I am not explaining correctly...unfortunately I do not have any diagram for this model number available so if you want I will just opt out of this and open it to all so that any other expert can help you...sorry for the inconvenience

Customer:

thank you and thank Kevin for his help so far.

Customer:

Hello. Is anyone there able to help me?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still need to see how to fit the spring into the door lock and then refit all into the door as this seems to be the problem.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, my name is George.. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses as I'm not constantly available.

Do you still require help with this? ... If so, please let me know the PNC of the appliance and I shall try get you the instructions you need
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning, George

The PNC No is *********

Like you I am not always near the 'puter but would welcome your response.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, I cannot see the number you posted... Please repost it, but put a # ***** of the numbers and omit any spaces
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the number is ***** as it stands, George.

This is a Zanussi tumble dryer ref. TD184 for use in Britain. Where are you chatting from?

I am in work at the moment... or UK.. Depending on what you meant

Also, I have 5 listings for the TD184 and this is why I requested the PNC

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here Is the PCN you need #949000062.

Here are a series of photos to help

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

Photo 7

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
I just took a door apart and put it back together to photo it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, George. My door looks slightly different but I will give it a go in the morning.

You're welcome. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Kindly take some time to rate my assistance to you so fa;. It will initially close the chat but you can return at any time then to ask for further assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I followed your very instructive photos and was almost completed when the plastic which holds the spring tight snapped off the door frame so it looks like a new door now. Thanks for your help.