George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Zanussi frost free fridge freezer generating think frost on

Customer Question

Zanussi frost free fridge freezer generating think frost on insider drawers of freezer
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Can you let me know the Full model number and PNC code from the appliance please... You will find this in the fridge at the left side of the salad crisper

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

accp

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

according to the manual the model of the Zanussi fridge freezer is ZRB224NWO or ZRB224NXO. I should perhaps add that a couple of months a go there was water dripping from the bottom of the freezer door.

George-Allsorts :

Can you get me the PNC from ionside the fridge please

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

so I replaced the seal via espares. The seal appears to be properly fixed but air is obviously getting into the appliance. There does appear to be a gap at the top of the door. I have tried the warm hair drier trick but no change has been detected.Perhaps I need to get a service man in.

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

I'm still here. Just had a phone call, Will look now.

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

It is ********* /p>

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

Are we still connected? 17.03

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

Are we still connected. 17.06

George-Allsorts :

yes... I am not on here permanantly but will keep popping back to chat with you

George-Allsorts :

Can you repeat the PNC.. But this time, put a # ***** of the numbers and dont include any gaps

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

#925041075

George-Allsorts :

Thankyou for that... One moment whilst I identify the build of your appliance

George-Allsorts :

Ok... the PNC is for a ZRB224NWO... Can you tell me the two numbers following the PNC which are the version numbers

George-Allsorts :

Hello?

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

Sorry for the delay George. My name is ***** ***** the way. There are no other numbers aft er the PNC other than a serial umber 01602772

George-Allsorts :

Hi Terry.. When you say there is a gap at the top of the door ... to you mean that the seal is not touching the freezer body or do you mean that the door has dropped?

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

I mean that the seal is not touching the freezer body. Looking at it again I see that the seal at the top is not properly "open". I think I need to take the seal out and give it the hair drier treatment again. The sides of the seal and the bottom have "opened up" OK

George-Allsorts :

If that is a new seal then it needs to be sent back... The seal is magnetic and should make a seal to the body otherwise it is not working as it should...

Nevertheless, when you opened the door at the time that there seemed to be water dripping from the freezer... did the water extend into the freezer as if it where coming from toward the rear?

George-Allsorts :

By the way, can you tale the time to afford me a rating for the assisance so far?... You can do this using the smiley faces that you see..

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

OK George.I will do the rating in a minute or two. If the hair drier trick does not work I will certainly send the seal back.

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

As for the dripping water with the old original seal (machine bought from ***** ***** just over three years ago (guarantee expired), the water did appear to be coming from the rear. There was ice on the floor of the l freezer.

George-Allsorts :

Ok... althought ere is a problem with the door seal, this is not the problem that is causing the water/ice..

George-Allsorts :

I am about to leave here... I will come back online and describe further when I get home in about 6 mins

George-Allsorts :

60 mins

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

OK George. I have set the cooker to ring in an hour and I will come back then to see if you are back on line.

George-Allsorts :

I am around and will be able to pickup your responses... let me know when you are back and we can continue

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

I'm here

George-Allsorts :

Hi... OK,you appliance has a fan in the freezer yes?

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

I don't think so

George-Allsorts :

One sec.. let me look

George-Allsorts :

Yes it does... Can you quickly take out the two top drawers in the freezer and you should be able to see it... See if it is going round

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

I'll look

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

No fan in sight

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

There is ice on the bottom gain

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

again

George-Allsorts :

You see the plastic cover at the back of the freezer... There is a fan in there..

Wind Channel Housing

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

I'l lhave another look

George-Allsorts :

look at that link I posted

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

OK. I can see the back panel. There is one screw in the top left hand corner as peR exploded diagram. There is no sound of a fan.

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

Do I need to undo the screw?

George-Allsorts :

The fan may only operate if it presumes that the door is closed... see if there is a switch anywhere

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

I see no switch but the fan appears to be working, even with the door open. I can hear it and also feel the draft from it.

George-Allsorts :

Either way, what I presume is happening here is that because of the leaky door seal, the fan is drawing in air and causing too much ice on the condenser... when the unit goes into defrost, there is too much for the drain hole below the condenser to cope with and therefore the overflow is ending up on the floor of the freezer....

Alternatively, the drain hole is blocked... this is causing an overflow into the freezer

George-Allsorts :

You'll need to switch off and remove the panel to investigate

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

I've wondered about a drain hole but havn't yet found it. Where is it? Is it behind the panel?

George-Allsorts :

It is behind the panel below the condenser... it leads out to the top of the compressor where the water is then heated to evaporate it

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

OK. I will obviously have to take the panel out etc but it will take time. I will have a go tomorrow. You have probably given me as much help as you can.

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

Incidentally,which component on the diagram is the condenser? Might I have to unblock the drain hole?

George-Allsorts :

I will post you another diagram showing the condenser... you will be able you identify it as soon as you see it as it looks like the innards of a car radiator

Condenser Diagram

George-Allsorts :

I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service though before you close this page. I will then be available to you at no additional cost and you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

Thanks George. I will have a go tomorrow and contact you if I have to.

JACUSTOMER-st826pi3- :

I have rated you good.

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for that... I hope to get that rating to an excellent... so feel free to get back in touch if you need me

George-Allsorts :

Have a good evening