George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Bosch dishwasher stops after approximately 3 to 4 minutes

My Bosch dishwasher stops after approximately 3 to 4 minutes after the programme starts. When I open the door there is water in the bottom of the dishwasher. The impeller is not blocked and the filters are clean. There are no error codes coming up on the machine. Any ideas ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Can you supply the full E Nr and FD of the dishwasher... They can be found at the top metal part of the door

Customer:

Hi George, The E Nr code is SMV69T10GB/18 and the FD code is 9003. There is a series of numbers across from the FD code,(don't know if they're relevant), they are 00270. The water at the bottom of the dishwasher is cold.

George-Allsorts :

Hi, thanks for the info.. let me just go and have a look at the parts list for that particular model

Customer:

Ok George

George-Allsorts :

When you say the dishwasher stops... do you mean it just halts and goes no further or do you mean it stops as in ends the program?

Customer:

Sorry George, doing the dishes by hand and didn't see your question. When I start it I can hear the water entering the machine but after about 3 minutes everything just stops. As I said, when I open the door there is cold water lying in the base of the dishwasher and it is stone cold.

George-Allsorts :

During the FILL and the STOP, by the description you have given, there no circulation... I would therefore assume that the water distributor is defective

Full Size Image

Customer:

I have checked to supply and waste pipes, there are no kinks in them. They haven't been disturbed in years.

George-Allsorts :

The water distributor is part of the appliance that pumps water around the dishwasher system... (The whoosh you here when it is working normally)

Would you like a link to an engineer search facility to find an appliance technician local to you who would be able to do the job for you?

Customer:

Yes please. I can't hear the whoosh you describe so it sounds like it might be the problem.

George-Allsorts :

--Find An Engineer--

Please take a moment to rate my assistance before you leave the page.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

George-Allsorts :

Have a good evening..

George-Allsorts :

Is there anything else before I go?

Customer:

No thanks George. It sounds like you have identified the fault. I'll mention it to a local engineer. Thanks.