Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

diplomat fridge freezer - fridge keeps showing + 8 degrees

Customer Question

diplomat fridge freezer - fridge keeps showing + 8 degrees freezer is fine. what,s up?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you kindly give me the full model number and serial number please ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-huwrm4cx- :

20070e12587 ********* 03

Dales-Electronic :

Your model number has not come out it should start something like ADP8130 or similar

JACUSTOMER-huwrm4cx- :

the afore mentioned numbers are the only ones visible to me at this time the unit is enclosed in kitchen unit

Dales-Electronic :

I have the serial number but all number after 587 are blanked out, the model number should be inside the unit behind the salad draw or on the side ~ kindly put a # ***** front of the details after 587 as the computer thinks its some form of email address or telephone number and blanks them out

JACUSTOMER-huwrm4cx- :

20070E12587#038103003-03

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is going to be a bit hit and miss without the model number, so have you got a single thermostat within the fridge or and electronic thermostat within the facia area?

JACUSTOMER-huwrm4cx- :

i believe its the latter

Dales-Electronic :

Is the refrigerator and freezer temperature correct within their respective cabinets ? (forget the displayed temp)

JACUSTOMER-huwrm4cx- :

i've no idea the fridge appears to be cool whilst the freezer is very cold all contents rock hard

Dales-Electronic :

Do you still have the instruction book, I really do need a model number, without this there are far too may variables. I have no idea if it has two motors or one, which alters the way that the appliance works, I am not sure if it has electronic controls or electro mechanical and without these I cannot advise what refrigerant is being used and therefore what characteristics the unit might exhibit. The details will be somewhere within the cabinet not around the back, kindly have a further look, either behind the draws in the freezer, salad draw or on the side panels within the cooling areas.

JACUSTOMER-huwrm4cx- :

i have no instruction book, it has an led type display in front, a cooler button, a freezer button and a super button

JACUSTOMER-huwrm4cx- :

how can i alter the cooler setting when it keeps on returning to +8*

Dales-Electronic :

Have you checked the places I mentioned for a model number ?

JACUSTOMER-huwrm4cx- :

yes! there is only that one label

Dales-Electronic :

I find this quite interesting, you have given me a poor service rating when you haven't been able to give me the most basic information required to help you. So far you have given me what is the equivalent of 'its a Ford car and it has headlights' there are at least 50 different versions of Diplomat fridge freezers made by numerous different manufacturers. Add to this that MFI as they were then and who likely supplied this appliance has gone bust. Now if you would be so kind as to give me the model number perhaps we can move on. ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Your model number for future advice is either APM6855 or APM6855~1 Poor Customer Information