Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi, I have a Baumatic BDI631 dishwasher. Today, the power

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Baumatic BDI631 dishwasher. Today, the power light is on and the program lights are off, it doesn't seem possible to select a program and shutting the door (to start a cycle) doesn't start the machine. Any idea? Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Customer :

Dales-Electronic :

OK a quick question and then we can move forward ~ if you switch the power button off does the neon go out?

Dales-Electronic :

How handy are you with a screwdriver and can you use a multimeter?

Customer :

yes, the power button and neon seem to operate correctly

Customer :

I don't have a multimeter I'm afraid

Dales-Electronic :

OK how comfortable are you will taking things apart?

Dales-Electronic :

sorry with taking things apart?

Customer :

pretty comfortable, it's out of warranty anyway, however I'm not able to stay with the machine for any longer today

Dales-Electronic :

OK that is fine, come back to me later on and I'll take you through some basic fault finding to see if its something obvious. I will be back on here at about 6pm, you will need a couple of screwdrivers ~ Ian