Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Siemens fridge freezer, large, stainless steel circa

Customer Question

I have a Siemens fridge freezer, large, stainless steel circa 2008/9.
Cannot find handbook!
We left the door open for 4 hours!! Red light and o degrees registered.
We closed door and now the temp has plummeted to minus 18 and falling.
Do not know how to adjust this! Help!
***** *****
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-f3mggn5q- :

Ok. Can you get back to me after 12 please as have to collect child now.

Dales-Electronic :

OK before you go can you give me the ENr which will be located on one of the sides inside or behind the salad draw. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-f3mggn5q- :

8765

Dales-Electronic :

The Enr will begin with two letters the first being either C, E, F, G or K

JACUSTOMER-f3mggn5q- :

That is the bit that is ripped!

JACUSTOMER-f3mggn5q- :

Most of the sticker is damaged

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me what you can read and I will see if I can match it up to a model number

Dales-Electronic :

There are 10271 models in the Siemens range, without a specific ENr I can only generalize with my answer ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-f3mggn5q- :

most of the sticker has gone!

JACUSTOMER-f3mggn5q- :

The FD can be read but that is about all.

JACUSTOMER-f3mggn5q- :

Looks like I am stuck.

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me explain what has happened here, in leaving the door open this has allowed warm air to be sucked into the freezer by the fan within this area. As warm air carries more moisture than cool air this moisture has condensed out into ice and both blocked vents up but also stopped the appliance from being able to measure the temperature. The first thing that you must do is remove the product in it and store elsewhere and with the appliance switched off and the doors open fully defrost it for a minimum of 48 hours. Towels laid across the front to catch the defrosting water from melting ice. Once you have done this come back to me ~ the fd number just gives me the date of manufacture. You're not stuck we just have to do it old school ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-f3mggn5q- :

Will I need to pay again?

JACUSTOMER-f3mggn5q- :

Thanks for that. I will empty the freezer.

Dales-Electronic :

If you rate my service to you now using the smiley faces below I can change our conversation over to question and answer and there will be no extra charge. You can just ping me and we can continue with our fault rectification ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

No problem, as I said just rate my service and we can continue or chat once you have got it all defrosted ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Once you have rated the information so far there is no extra charge to you ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

If you can get around the back of the appliance you may find a label that will give us this ENr, it makes it much easier for me to source spare parts for you together with further technical information if needed. Come back to me if you find something ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Very little water came off the fridge freezer as it is one of those low ice ones. I have switched it back on as have no fridge. How do I reset it please.

Can you take some photos of it and post them to me at 'dales.electronic(at)btopenworld(dot)com and then I might be able to identify it so that we can get the info we need ~ Ian