Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

STOVES 900 EF BUILT IN ELECTRIC DOUBLE OVEN SERIAL E004027

Customer Question

STOVES 900 EF BUILT IN ELECTRIC DOUBLE OVEN SERIAL E004027 MODEL *********
PROGRAMMER KEEPS DEFAULTING TO AUTO PREVENTING SETTING OF CLOCK FOR MANUAL USE.
CAN THE PROGRAMMER BE BY-PASSED BY DISCONNECTING SOME WIRES FROM IT THUS ENABLING PURELY MANUAL OPERATION?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Yes, if you can put a # ***** front of the model number I can get the wiring diagram and tell you which ones to connect together, usually starts 05........... Ian

JACUSTOMER-i8wy1mzp- :

MODEL NUMBER ********* /p>

Dales-Electronic :

Im sorry but if you don't put a # ***** front of the model number the computer thinks its a phone number and blanks it out as it has done both times you have sent it ~

JACUSTOMER-i8wy1mzp- :

PROGRAMMER WIRING DIAGRAM IS AN OBLONG BOX WITH A VERTICAL ROW OF 4 WIRES ON SHORT LEFT HAND SIDE , FROM TOP DOWN 2-WHITE, 2A-BROWN, 1-ORANGE, 1A RED.

JACUSTOMER-i8wy1mzp- :

SORRY, I DID NOT UNDERSTAND THIS ,HAVE NO HASH KEY.

JACUSTOMER-i8wy1mzp- :

SORRY, I DID NOT UNDERSTAND BUT HAVE NO HASH KEY, NUMBER IS ***** FOUR,ZERO,FOUR. MY EMAIL IS *****@******.***, THANKS.

JACUSTOMER-i8wy1mzp- :

WIRE IN TOP RIGHT CORNER ISBLACK, BOTTOM RIGHT BROWN. BOTTOM CENTRE IS SHOWN DOTTED-FOR ANOLOGUE CLOCK-NOT FITTED.

Dales-Electronic :

OK will have to come back to you tomorrow as the data base is closed at 5pm ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-i8wy1mzp- :

JUST IN CASE YOU DID NOT GET THE MODEL NUMBER, I SEND IT AFTER HASH #059040404

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you tell me what wires you have coming out of the timer itself, you should have either 3 or 4 kindly let me have their colour codes

JACUSTOMER-i8wy1mzp- :

THE WIRING DIAGRAM THAT I HAVE IS AN OBLONG WITH FOUR TERMINALS ON THE LEFT SHORT SIDE. TOP ONE IS #2 WHITE, THEN #2A BROWN, #1 ORANGE, #1A RED. RIGHT SHORT SIDE IS TOP BLACK, BOT***** *****.

Dales-Electronic :

Forget the wiring diagram for the minute just tell me what colours you have coming out of the timer itself, I take it that you are able to get to the rear connections of the timer? ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-i8wy1mzp- :

I WILL OPEN IT UP AND LET YOU KNOW ON MONDAY

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have the wiring diagram here so once you give me the actual number of wires and their connections on the timer I can tell you what to do to by pass the timer ~ you will need a couple of piggy back crimp connectors and a crimping tool to hand ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-i8wy1mzp- :

SORRY FOR THE DELAY. LOOKING AT THE BACK OF THE TIMER WE HAVE ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE FROM TOP, WHITE, BROWN, ORANGE AND RED. ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE, BLACK AT TOP AND BROWN AT BOTTOM. ALL THE SAME AS THE WIRING DIAGRAM THAT I HAD PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have the wiring diagram in front of me according to Stoves their programmers have four wires going to them which ties in with the diagram I have, the wires listed are 2 x brown, 1 x black & 1 x red, could you (if you have the six as stated the numbers on the programmer itself that the wires go to and their respective colours, could you also confirm that the brown wires loop from one side of the programmer to the other? It would also be useful to have the programmer make and model/serial number ~ thanks - Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry just been going back thro the post and see that you have listed the connections, so just need the manufacturer and model of the timer - could you also give me the serial number of the oven

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you send me your phone number preceded by a # ***** will try and help you solve this problem

JACUSTOMER-i8wy1mzp- :

OVEN SERIAL #E004027 MODEL #059040404 TIMER IS EATON #EL198/201.241 ALSO THE NUMBER #59604 IS ON THE TIMER LABEL. ON THE CIRCUIT BOARD IS #68873/19

Dales-Electronic :

I have all the details you require, this timer is no longer available but subject to size I have an alternative that you can fit, or alternatively I can help you accomplish the task you wished in your original post, if you wish to take the latter, kindly let me have your phone number preceded by a # ***** no gap and I will talk you through the procedure ~ Ian