Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

zanussi f/f model no zrb834nw the freezer does not cold en

zanussi f/f model no zrb834nw the freezer does not cold enough
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you let me have the product code (also know as the pnc) to allow me to identify the version of your f/f Thanks - Ian

Customer:

hi ian the product code ********* 00

Dales-Electronic :

Could you put a # ***** front of the product code the system thinks you are sending me a phone number and has blocked it out ~ Ian

Customer:

#925033610-00

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you confirm that the motor is running and tell me if it is cool or hot and what refrigerant it is using it will be either R134a or R600a which will be on a label on the motor

Customer:

ok ian give me a minute

Customer:

ian its r600a

Customer:

the motor is hot

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have one of these two faults, either the appliance has lost some of its refrigerant or the motor is faulty is unable to pump enough refrigerant around the system. In both cases the result is a lack of performance. If I further explain, the motor (compressor) pumps refrigerant gas around the system which not only cools the product within but also returns to the motor cooling it too. If you lose refrigerant or the compressor is unable to pump the required around then it gets hot and eventually seizes.

Dales-Electronic :

You will need to get a domestic appliance engineer out to look at your appliance that can do 'system work' he will then put gauges on the appliance and either top up the refrigerant or advise that the motor is faulty. If you would now kindly rate my service by using the smiley faces below I can shut the job down but this allows you to ask further questions free of charge either now or later if you require further advice. Thanks for the question - Ian