Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a indesit IWD 7145 washer. When setting it for a wash

I have a indesit IWD 7145 washer. When setting it for a wash it displays settings on screen, make noises if getting ready to start but wont do out except the timmer counting down. when it gets to last min still not done cycle but stays stuck on last minute and wont unlock
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Do you get any error codes comming up on the display like F??

Also when you say it makes the noises is it actually filling with water?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no error codes and not actually tried on a wash cycle just and extra spin cycle

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok so on the spin cycle is the drain pump running?

Is it draining the water out?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the drum isnt moveing at all to do the draining

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
The drum turning doesnt drain the water out. The pump does that. Is there still water inside the washer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

water did empty out on the last wash i did.but now wen i piut it on thespin cylcle its counting down till last min but not doing anything

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok what you can try is remove the plastic trim on the front of the washer at the bottom and there you will see the filter on the right hand side.

Place a towel under there and a shallow tray and unscrew the filter and remove it. Give it a good clean out in there and then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back in there is the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing jammed up in there stopping it from turning. Then retry it again and see how it goes from there.

If that doesnt cure it then pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall or unit and get someone to hold for you.
Then lay down and look under the washer. Check the belt isnt laying on the floor first. If that fine then look at the back of the motor either side and you will see the carbon brushes in the plastic holder. Remove these and inspect them and see if they have worn down. They should be minum 5mm long. If worn then you need to replace them and that should cure the fault.

Check them out and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou i just set it on a wash it filled but not done wash cycle. so now gonna try and get it to empty. already cleaned filter at bottom but will re-check and will try all other if all else fails

thanks

nichola x

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok when it was on a wash did the drum turn at all?

If not then its something to do with the motor or brushes. But if the drum did turn but not on a spin then double check the filter and the pump impeller as someties things can slip through the filter and get into the pump without you seeing it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.