George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi, I have a siemans RCR1-0/433 boiler control unit and it is not working.

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hob. Is it a wireless unit?

Customer:

Yes. The remote thermostat appears to be working. The main unit which is conncected to my boiler appears to be off/not working

Plumberpro :

I can't find your model manual . I am guessing your reciever has lost contact with your room stat. Does your reciever have an override button?

Plumberpro :

Usually it is the receivers that go wrong .a component inside fails and they stop switching

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Here is a link to the manual for your control... The Manual covers two controls, one of them being yours... The relative pages are at page 5 & page 6 for resetting the control and for faults...

Try the described Reset and Override before replacing the control.

The units fail due to a capacitor that drives a relay... when the capacitor fails it prevents the correct amount of current reaching the relay which prevents it from working.
Hi . if 5hat fails to work your can bypass the reciever .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - I didn't receive the link George sent to my manual would you please resend?

RDH1-0/RF - RCR1-0/433 User Manual

Please let me know when you have downloaded it

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair